Homework

1. Answer the following questions (CLICK HERE)

Book: To all the boys I've loved before - Jenny Han

2. Read the postcard and solve the exercises: Travelling abroad


3. Write you own postcard.

Imagine that a member of your family is travelling abroad. Write them a friendly postcard to tell them about your life and ask about their trip.

How to organize your postcard

1. Greeting

Start your postcard or email with a friendly greeting.

Examples:

  • Dear Grandma,
  • Hi Aunt Sarah,
  • Hello Daniel,

2. Opening

Start by saying why you are writing.

You can:

  • thank them for their last message.
  • say you hope they are having a good trip.
  • tell them you miss them.

Examples:

  • Thanks for your message.
  • I hope you're having a great time.
  • I miss you and hope you're enjoying your trip.

3. Ask About Their Trip

Ask 2–3 questions about their holiday or travel experience.

Think about:

  • Where are you now?
  • How is the weather?
  • What places have you visited?
  • What food have you tried?
  • Have you met new people?
  • What is your favourite place so far?

4. Share Some News About Yourself

Tell your family member what has been happening in your life.

You can write about:

  • school or work
  • your family
  • your hobbies
  • your neighbourhood
  • your weekend
  • your English classes

Examples:

  • I started English classes last month.
  • My family is doing well.
  • I went to the park with my friends last weekend.
  • School is going well.

5. Ending

Finish your postcard with a friendly message.

You can:

  • wish them a safe trip.
  • tell them to enjoy their holiday.
  • say you can't wait to see them again.

Examples:

  • Have a wonderful trip!
  • Take care and have fun!
  • I can't wait to see you soon.
  • See you when you get back!

6. Closing

End your postcard politely.

Examples:

  • Love,
  • Best wishes,
  • Take care,
  • See you soon,

Your name

0 Comments